City of Busselton Art Award & Showcase 202
Continuation of new Format
The 14th annual City of Busselton Art Award is continuing our new format. The finalists of the Art Award will be shown in the ArtGeo Gallery while an additional Showcase of Skills will be exhibited in the Old Courthouse. This extended show will enable artists and visitors to more fully appreciate the depth of talent from West Australian Artists.
Traditionally the Art Award was shown in September. Again this year the award will be shown in December 2021 and January 2022. This period coincides with the highest visitation frequency to ArtGeo per year giving the Art Award and your work maximum exposure and impact. An array of complimentary programs will further enhance and the Art Award. If your artwork is not selected for the City of Busselton Art Award, then your work will be in the running for display in the Showcase of Skills in the Old Courthouse. Space limitations apply. These pieces will be available for purchase and taken home the same day.
- Artists must be resident in Western Australia.
- Artists must be 18 years of age or older.
- Entries limited to one per artist.
- City of Busselton staff involved with the exhibition or employed at ArtGeo Cultural Complex are not eligible to enter.
- Artwork must have been executed within the last 12 months and be the artist’s original work. Maximum size for 2D work including dyptich and tryptich is 140cm x 140cm total. Please discuss size & weight of 3D work with ArtGeo staff, prior to submission of entry form. Failure to do so will result in the ineligibility of your work. No refunds given.
- Please discuss any digital art work with ArtGeo staff, prior to submission of entry form. Failure to do so will result in the ineligibility of your work. No refunds given.
Prior to filling out your submission please have ready:
- artwork statement
- Curriculum Vita (.pdf or .doc)
- digital image of artwork (.jpg - minimum 3MB file size)
Selection & Judging
- All entries will be assessed for selection for the exhibition by a panel of experts, who will then judge the selected artworks for the City of Busselton Art Award ($10,000 acquisitive) and the Emerging Artist Award ($2,500 non-acquisitive). Highly Commended certificates ($500) may also be awarded at the judges discretion.
- Please do not enter this award if you are unwilling to go through a pre-selection process. The judges’ decision is final. No communication is permitted without their agreement.
- The winning entry becomes the property of the City of Busselton. If the value of the prize-winning work exceeds $10,000 the lesser amount must be accepted.
- People’s Choice Award selected by popular vote at the end of the exhibition.
- eligible, non-selected works will be hung in the Old Courthouse Showcase. Space limitations apply.
- Non-refundable entry fee $35 inc GST, payable via online form only.
- Please include a reproduction-quality digital image of the artwork submitted for selection (jpg format, 300 dpi minimum).
- Selection for the exhibition and consideration for an award is made in the presence of the artworks. Selection is not made from photographs. Photographs are used for our records and publicity only, with an image credit line